How To Get UMID ID And Its Requirements?
The Philippine government launched a powerful product that enables SSS, GSIS, PagIBIG, PhilHealth transactions into a single card called Unified Multi-purpose ID or more known as UMID.
On the of the function of the ID, the UMID card can be used in withdrawing benefits and loans proceeds from ATMs. Loan releases and benefit payments can now be paid via deposit to the bank account of the member/beneficiary where the UMID card is enrolled as an ATM.
How To Get UMID ID For First Time Application and it’s requirements?
- Make sure you do not have an existing UMID Cards issued either by PhilHealth or GSIS (Government employees) / SSS (private sector employees)
- You must have at least one (1) month contribution in Philhealth
- Bring a valid and original document for verification. Don’t forget to have a photocopy of it
- Your information should match exactly as what is reflected on other government membership database. The information needed are Complete name (First Name, Middle Name & Last Name), Date of birth, Gender, and SSS Number
The branch in Buendia Avenue near Makati Avenue in Makati offers this
Kindly accomplish two (2) documents just to be sure without any erasures and alterations. You may look download the UMID for here
- Driver’s License
- PRC Card
- Seaman’s Book
In the absence of availability of any of the identification cards above, you may bring 2 secondary ID’s to continue your application.
- Postal ID
- School or Company ID
- TIN Card
- Membership Card issued by Private Companies
- OWWA Card
- Senior Citizen card
- Voter’s ID card/Affidavit/Certificate of Registration with COMELEC
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- ATM card with cardholder’s name; or bank certification if without cardholder’s name
- Birth Certificate
- Bank Account Passbook
- Baptismal Certificate
- Credit card
- Firearm License Card issued by the PNP
- Fishworker’s License issued by BFAR
- GSIS Card/Member’s Record/Certificate of Membership
- Health or Medical Card
- Pag-IBIG Member’s Data Form
- ID Card issued by LGUs (e.g., Barangay/Municipality/City)
- ID Card issued by professional associations recognized by the PRC
- Life Insurance Policy
- Marriage Contract/Marriage Certificate
- NBI Clearance
- PhilHealth Member’s Data Record
- Police Clearance
- Seafarer’s Registration Certificate issued by POEA
- Student Permit issued by the LTO
- Transcript of School Records
- Certificate from National Commission on Indigenous Peoples or Office of Muslim Affairs
- Certificate of Licensure/Qualification documents from MARINA
- Certificate of Naturalization from BI
- Birth/Baptismal Certificate of child/children or its equivalent
- All fields in the UMID Card Application Form must be properly completed, particularly the address, and without erasures and alterations. Always indicate “N/A” or “Not Applicable,” if the required data is not applicable.
- At least one (1) contact information detail (such as email address, home landline or mobile phone number) must be provided by the applicant in order for the SSS to notify him/her of the status of the card application.
- For those who wish to enroll their UMID as an ATM card, the applicant must specify the preferred SSS-accredited bank on the application form.
- The applicant should indicate his/her permanent address rather than the temporary mailing address. For example, if he/she has permanent residence in the province but is working or staying in Metro Manila during weekdays, he/she should indicate the provincial address instead of the Metro Manila address.
After verification, you will be instructed to proceed to the ID capture booth, fingerprint scanning, and electronic signature process. Please be reminded that you can’t make a smile nor making faces during the taking of your photo for your ID.
Based on the SSS Guidebook, after verification and printing of the card, UMID is then packaged and sent to PhilPost for delivery via registered mail. Mailing takes five (5) to seven (7) working days for addresses in Metro Manila, seven (7) to ten (10) working days for outside Metro Manila, and ten (10) to 20 working days for remote areas.
Visit any SSS Branch near you, or SSS Kiosks available in some Malls, to activate your UMID Card. You can then use your UMID card to inquire your SSS Information like Eligibility to benefits, Contribution, Loans thru SSS Kiosk.
Disclaimer: This site is not the official website/blog of the Philippine Social Security System. We only aim to provide searchable and organized information about SSS related information. We are in no way connected to SSS or its employees. Please do not leave your information like SSS Number, Name and follow up inquiries as the site administrators cannot help you with that