UMID Card Application Requirements and Procedure
Do you already have identification cards (IDs) for SSS, Philhealth, and Pag-Ibig?
Worry no more as the Philippine Government was able to come up with UMID or better known as Unified Multi-purpose ID to streamline the identification systems to all government agencies, and government-owned and controlled corporations (GOCCs).
Reasons Why You Should Apply For A UMID Card
- You can use it anywhere as an acceptable and valid ID
- Transaction made simple in government offices and agencies
- Use the UMID Card on any SSS and GSIS Kiosk to view your profile and account you can view your contributions, account history, employee static info, balance inquiry and even your current loan
1. Requirements and Steps To Apply for A UMID Card
1a. Bring any of the primary valid ID’s:
- Driver’s License
- PRC License
- Seaman’s Book
1b. If you have no ID’s mentioned above, present at least two of any of the following supporting documents:
- Company ID
- School ID
- Postal ID
- Philhealth ID Card
- GSIS Card
- Tax Identification Card
- Voter’s Identification Card
- NSO Birth Certificate
- Marriage Contract
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance
- ID Card issued by Local Government Units
- ID Card issued by Professional Associations
*No need to bring any pictures as the agency will capture your photo on the spot.
2. Visit any of the following Philippine Government agencies in order to enroll for a UMID card:
- Social Security System (SSS) – See all SSS Offices within Metro Manila
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS)
- Pag-Ibig – See all Pag-Ibig Offices within Metro Manila
On my case, I went to the nearest SSS office in my area and the next steps.
3. Get a UMID Form and a number
Accomplish the UMID Form. Make sure to double check all the information you’ve entered
Below are the data required to accomplish the UMID Form:
- Full name of applicant
- Name of Father
- Mother Maiden’s Name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Home address
- Marital status
- Any prominent distinguishing features
- Taxpayer ID Number (TIN)
4. Verifying Your UMID Form
Submit your form along with your valid IDs.
5. ID Capture, Fingerprint, and Signature
Once you’ve got verified, you’ll be asked to transfer to another window for an ID picture, to scan your fingerprints and to sign on the signature pad.
6. Wait for 1 to 3 Months
I was asked to wait for 1 to 3 months before I can get my card. Please note that the ID will be delivered to the address you’ve indicated on the form.
Lastly, the UMID Card is FREE OF CHARGE and is not similar to the National ID.